Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:10:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Lowe <dlowe@sirius.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   anyone tried INN shared active patch?

Hello again,

I've recently installed INN 1.4unoff4 on a FreeBSD-2.2-BETA Pentium 133
with 128 MB RAM.  In testing out various options I unearthed a little
patch which causes it to use System V shared memory to reduce the size of
each in.nnrpd process.

To be honest, this looks too good to be true - I was able to run well over
120 dummy readers on this machine without a significant performance hit,
and with almost no swapping taking place.

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into problems using this patch
specifically, or more generally with FreeBSD's implementation of System V
shared memory.

Thanks,

					David Lowe