Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 18:46:31 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        gilham@csl.sri.com (Fred Gilham)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A cool xterm?

> Randal Hopper wrote:
>   Charles Henrich:
>    |Has anyone out there ever found a nice terminal window, something
>    |like Dec's mterm, or ssh for windows, or even better, NeXT's
>    |terminal?  Xterm is peachy, except the scrollback just sucks :)
>
> Rebuilt the color_xterm port linking with Xaw3d instead of Xaw, and the
> scrollbar's much better.  Like the menus better too.  ...with these resources:

I put the resources Randal posted into my .Xdefaults and the following funny
happens: (I rebuilt color_xterm with all Xaw refs changed to Xaw3d in the
Makefile)

Running fvwm95-2 my color_xterms that pop up initially (by .xinitrc - I'm
using startx) have 3D-effect scrollbars and shaded edged pop up menues
but with dithered gray shades rather than the colored shades.

Only newly created color_xterms (launched from the tool bar) show the
correct colors and solid colored shades. I event put the resources
into .Xresources - no change. Any ideas?