Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:26:12 +0300
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>
To:        Alexander Best <alexbestms@math.uni-muenster.de>
Cc:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, pluknet <pluknet@gmail.com>, Antony Mawer <lists@mawer.org>, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav <des@des.no>, rafan@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help needed to fix contrib/ee crash/exit when receiving SIGWINCH

Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 10:32:29PM +0100, Alexander Best wrote:
> ok. the pr stays in patched state. right now the patch is in HEAD,
> 8-STABLE and 8.0-RELEASE. rafan is thinking about mfc'ing the patch to
> 6-stable and 7-stable. however if somebody is willing to modify the
> patch so it applies to those branches that'll be great

Patch applies cleanly to the 7-STABLE, moreover, lib_getch.c from it
has the same logics and fifo_push is essentially unmodified in the
areas that are relevant for this flaw.

I had patched 7-STABLE on the test machine, brought ee from 8.x and
verified that unpatched ncurses give immediate exit, while patched
curses give working ee in respect to the SIGWINCH.

I had also mildly tested vi and sysinstall on the patched 7-STABLE
and found no visible regressions.
--
Eygene