Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 20:07:40 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, ragnar@sysabend.org, vladimir-bsd-stable@math.uic.edu, Doug@gorean.org, gallatin@cs.duke.edu, dillon@backplane.com
Subject:   lockd-0.2 released!

I apologize profusely for the delay of this, but lockd-0.2 is out.
The URL is: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd/FreeBSD/lockd-0.2.tar.gz

A couple of notes on this release:

1) the statd hooks to lockd are not yet done (or started)

2) you need a patched libc (for XDR64 types).  I have included the xdr patch
   as part of this release, you need to do the following to apply it:
> cd /usr/src/lib/libc/xdr
> patch </path/to/lockd-0.2/xdr.diff

   (I hope this to make it into the base RSN)

3) you then need to rebuild and reinstall libc
4) build the lockd implementation and have fun
5) this does not add the code to FreeBSD's kernel to request the NFS locks
   (that is a job for people more skilled than I ;)

This has been tested with the test-suite provided by Mr. Gallatin.  There
are a number of tests that do not pass; they all relate to locking a 64bit
file on a NFSv2 mount; they all appear to be OS bugs on the NFS client side.
IRIX is particularly bad about this.

If you have any questions or comments please direct them to myself
<crossd@cs.rpi.edu>

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Lab Director                              | Rm: 308 Lally Hall