Date:      Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:23:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Chandler <jwc_iv@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   parallel port backpack IDE/UDMA HardDrive

Hi, I've been a Linux user since 94.  I'm wanting to
move to FreeBSD for it's orgainization and package
management setup.  I'm so sick of lib problems and
lack of source installs not updating the rpm database.

Anyway, there is one thing I need to know before I
move over.  Can you use a parallel port backpack IDE
harddrive in FreeBSD?

In Linux, you load a parallel port driver and then a
parallel port IDE driver to get a backpack harddrive
to work.  In the FreeBSD Hardware Faqs, this question
had a * with no answers on it.  Has that supported be
added?  Will it?

Thanks for the help,

Joseph