Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 22:14:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Paul <tribble@tribble.net>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Geforce4 Ti 4400

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> Or, by some miracle the 'nv' driver might start supporting the GF4.

I obviously missed the first part of this thread, but if you're trying
to get a Geforce4 Ti 4400 or any new NVidia card to work with the nv
driver, I have a patchset that does just that.  It simply adds the PCI
IDs and proper names for all of their newest cards, though I have only
tested with my new GeForce4 Ti 4400.  The patchset is at:

ftp://ftp.wolves.k12.mo.us/pub/stuff/nvpatch.tar.gz

You should be able to drop the patchset into the 'files' directory in
the XFree86-4-Server port and it should work.  If not, then manually
apply them.  The patchset will stay at that ftp location until it is
no longer required.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet