Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 14:59:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FYI: NetGear FA310TX Rev D

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Mark Tinguely wrote:

> FYI (since we reccommend the NetGear card as a good 10/100 ethernet
> card, I thought everyone will want to know).
>
> we got a pack of NetGear FA310TX Rev D1 ethernet cards, and the chipset
> no longer reads DEC DC21040, but have a NetGear NGMC169B number. Netgearr
> FA310TX revision D1 board is no longer recognized by FreeBSD.

Darn it.

I'm looking for a good cheap PCI 10/100 card that works with FreeBSD.

Was going to get a FA310TX.

Was also looking at the Linksys EtherFast LNE100TX, which was supported at
one point, but they use different chipsets on different age cards; on
their web site they say "here is how to tell which chipset your card has"
and that it depends on how old they are, but they don't say if the DEC
chipset ones are the old ones or new ones.  Unfortunately, I'm guessing
old.

Maybe I'll just have to get a Kingston KNE100TX, assuming they haven't
messed that one up too.