Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:02:29 +0100
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to build FreeBSD doc web pages?

Em 24-02-2013 22:35, Craig Rodrigues escreveu:
> I am trying to fix some text in the FreeBSD docs,
> and am trying to build the FreeBSD docs and web pages
> so I can view the output HTML as I am fixing things.
There are three main use cases:

1, To build the whole documentation set (web and docs)
cd doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/htdocs
make all install DESTDIR=/home/gabor/public_html/webtest

2, To build documentation only (without web):
cd doc
make all install DOCDIR=/home/gabor/public_html/doc

3, Only build one specific article/book:
cd doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/article/foobar
make all install DOCDIR=/home/gabor/public_html/doc

Note the difference in using either DESTDIR or DOCDIR. (Yes, this is
confusing and should be rethought. The doc build needs some improvements.)

Gabor