Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:26:50 -0600
From:      "Aaron Wohl" <freebsd@soith.com>
To:        "vizion communication" <vizion@ixpres.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation of FreeBSD on Compaq 5500R Quad processor system

You might also check out www.freebsdsystems.com.  We just ordered two
dual processor systems from them.  But they have up to 8 processor.  They
have on site 4 hour response for service. I gave up dealing with compaq
for systems I want to run freebsd on.  The compaq remote lights out card
is nice but they dont like to support freebsd.  We are using remote
console cards from www.realweasel.com, have been for years.  AMI has a
new remote console card which I havent tried, it seemed as fancy as a
compaq remote lights out.  Also the www.freebsdsystems.com support a lot
of hardware info diagnostics via the network.

Once you get past the remote console card its great to get away from
compaq.  I hate being bounced around in there support queues.  At freebsd
systems they guy who usually answers the phone Lanny just does freebsd.
I prefer to get a system thats thouroghly tested and sold in quantity for
freebsd use.