Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:10:00 -0600
From:      "Bob Giesen" <BobGiesen@earthlink.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Bob Giesen (earthlink)" <BobGiesen@earthlink.net>
Subject:   Linksys LNE10TX v4.1, FreeBSD v3.2

   I have an LNE100TX v4.1 card and FreeBSD v3.2 -- which I'm hoping to get
to work together.  I tried the pn kernel driver (in response to a tip in the
kernel config file), to no avail.
   In search of an answer (via Google), I found a page
(http://www.linksys.com/faqs/default.asp?fqid=27) which recommended trying
the DEC (de) kernel driver or else the pn code (if_pn.c & if_pnreg.h)
supplied via that page.  I tried both (separately and together), to no
avail.  When I boot, it seems that the PCI probe isn't even finding the NIC;
there's no line in the dmesg output that refers to pn0, de0... or anything
else that even remotely looks like it might be the NIC.
   Just in case it was a case of a persnickety probe, I changed the
positions of my NIC and the only other PCI card I have installed (Creative
SB PCI 512 sound card), moving the NIC to the first slot (next to the AGP
slot, where the sound card used to live), also to no avail.  (FYI, the AGP
slot houses the video card and my only ISA slot holds the modem.)
   I've done some searching in the archives, here, looking for an answer,
but couldn't find one.  Now, I wonder (1) if my card will work with FreeBSD
v3.2 and, if so, (2) where can I find the driver code to make it possible?
Any help that you can provide will be much appreciated -- since it might
save me much, much time in upgrading my FreeBSD -- or the cost of another,
supported card.  Thanks in advance.
- Bob