Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 1996 22:16:49 +1100
From:      Matthew Thyer <thyerm@satech.net.au>
To:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        scrappy@ki.net, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ncrcontrol in -current

I have recently built the world from ctm-src-current and have no
problems with ncrcontrol.  My /usr/src was created in a new
filesystem (mounted on /usr/src) from the src-cur.1900A.gz base
delta with deltas from 1901 to 2354 applied after that.

newfs /dev/rsd0e
mount /dev/sd0e /usr/src
cd /usr/src
ctm -v /usr/CTM/src-cur/src-cur.1900A.gz |& tee CTM1900.log
ctm -v /usr/CTM/src-cur/src-cur.????.gz |& tee CTM1901-2354.log
<check for succsessful application in log file - OK>
<I then tried to make my kernel but failed so I:>
make -DNOCLEANDIR world |& tee WORLD.log
<8 hours passes on my P90 with /usr/src on some old 305 MB SCSI drive>
<Then I reboot and make my kernel>

Veggy Vinny wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Veggy Vinny wrote:
> >
> > >     the ncrcontrol program seems to not work in -current after I
> > > rebuilt the binary just to confirm this.
> > >
> > > root@bigbang [4:07pm] [~]>> ncrcontrol
> > >
> > > ncrcontrol: incompatible with kernel. Rebuild!
> > >

> >       Is this after a 'make world'?
>
>         yes, I did a make world and it completed then rebuilt the kernel
> and rebooted...
>
> Vince
> GaiaNet Corporation - Unix Networking Operations - GUS Mailing Lists Admin

Matthew Thyer    matt@spirit.com.au
"If it is true that our Universe has a zero net value for all conserved
quantities, then it may simply be a fluctuation of the vacuum of some
larger space in which our Universe is imbedded. In answer to the
question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our
Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time."
 E. P. Tryon   from "Nature" Vol.246 Dec.14, 1973