Date:      Thu, 02 May 2002 00:00:07 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, Jeff Roberson <jeff@freebsd.org>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removal of register && K&R function decl.

Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org> writes:
> > Please don't ansify functions, some people prefer the old style.
>
> Last time this came up, the consensus was that ANSIfication was
> permitted.

I thought that the consensus was to "vote with NetBSD and OpenBSD"
on a case-by-case basis to reduce the gratuitous diffs?

I know the consensus was to get rid of __P, so that header declarations
were prototypes.  But that doesn't really translate to changing
all the code everywhere to use prototypes in actual function
declarations.

If NetBSD and OpenBSD have changed it, then as long as the changes
are whitespace equal to them, I personally would have no problem
with it; K&R compilation was already broken when __P() was ripped
out.

-- Terry