Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 12:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Mallett <jmallett@xMach.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/21476: ftp in 4.1-STABLE fails on http:// URLs

The following reply was made to PR bin/21476; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joseph Mallett <jmallett@xMach.org>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:29:01 -0400

 Can this PR get closed? The bootom line is that if you want good, reliable
 HTTP getting, fetch and wget are great, and ftp might not always be, and
 it shouldn't be intended to do so either. If you want an http file grabber
 we could call it 'http' or 'httpget' or 'htget' or something, or... I
 know... 'fetch'.

 Or, if someone feels this functionality is really really vital to the
 FreeBSD base system, in ftp, I could probably send a patch in the next few
 days.

 --
 Joseph Mallett, jmallett@xMach.org
 xMach Core Team, http://xMach.org/