Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:16:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>, "James E. Housley" <housley@pr-comm.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Controller

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> Uh, IIRC, the 3940 is a card with:
>
> 	a PCI-PCI bridge
> 	2 2940s

Just FYI, an on-board 3940 would not function properly with a 3/28,
non-CAM snap.  I had 2940's laying around at the time, so just shoved
one of those in rather than pulling a more recent snap with CAM down
and giving it a try.

FreeBSD knew it was an Adaptec controller of some sort...  but it
would not identify it exactly so it was not useable.

Then again, I'm sure this is like most other 'problems' I've found
with FreeBSD...  a problem with my logic, not FreeBSD itself.  :)

	-mike