Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:59:29 -0500
From:      Jason <jason.harmening@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snd_envy24{,ht} recording support?

I haven't been able to get a response from Konstantin in roughly the =
same amount of time.=20

Speaking of kern/152378, Ralf, is there any chance you could review =
that?  It's a simple patch, and it's been working fine for me for 3 yrs =
now=85and I'm tired of maintaining it locally against the kernel tree :)

I have an audiophile 192 that I can at least use to test any recording =
support=85I might be able to contribute some code too, but I'm really =
busy right now, so I can't guarantee how quickly.

It's been a while since I looked at the code, but IIRC a lot of DAC and =
ADC functionality on these cards is dependent on I2C devices which are =
specific to each different card.  So a big part of recording support =
would probably be adding the necessary device support to spicds.c, and =
that's probably also why some envy24ht cards don't work at all (the =
driver recognizes the envy PCI bridge, but not the I2C DAC).=