Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 14:25:27 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        pialkin@abel.pdmi.ras.ru, ache@nagual.ru, spblug@tsctube.spb.su, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI patch

> So if you have 16 different delays, it should only take you 2^16 or
> 65536 reboots (per ATAPI device per IDE controller) to determine.

I suspect it'd be more like a combination binary and exhaustive search -
do I need them in *this* section?  OK, how many?  Next section...

Or you could work backwards and simply start removing them until
something broke, assuming that eliminating even one unnecessary delay
is worth the effort.

						Jordan