Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 16:38:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Farpoint Admin <falerin@farpoint-comm.dyn.ml.org>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Repartitioning a harddisk

My harddisk is a quantum fireball st3.2a
Originally 2 of the 3 gig on the disk were dedicated to win95 and only 1
was dedicated to freeBSD. Recently we decided to change it and had no end
of trouble.
I successfully repartioned the disk. But fail miserably when attempting to
run newfs on the resulting partition wd0s3 though it strangely reports in
disklabel when i run disklabel -r wd0s3 as wd0s1.
I can not find a valid type in disktab to even remotely come close to
labeling it... and under label the working partition reports absolutely
nothing.
So the question is: How do I give FreeBSD a new partition on a disk
with a partition already dedicated to FreeBSD?