Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 1995 23:20:25 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
Cc:        "Alex R.N. Wetmore" <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NEC 4xi CDROM - what now?

> - There are two types of audio CD play commands in the SCSI spec.  One says
>   "play audio starting at track n, ending at track n".  The other says "play
>   audio starting at this minute, second, ending at this minute, second".
>   NEC CD-ROM drives apparantly do NOT support the "play track" command (at
>   least the two I had access to did not).  However, I believe someone
>   (Alastair, perhaps?) had ported versionof of xcdplayer that used the
>   minute/second play commands, and that worked under NetBSD for me.

Hmmm. There is a cute CDplayer utiliity that runs under MS-DOG that runs
_this_ CD player (a nec 210) in both (time/track) modes, so I suspect
that this drive has both types. (Unless the table of contents has time
info...). I can't remember the name of the utility, but it is part of
the Adaptec EZ-SCSI kit.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200