Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 21:54:41 -0600
From:      "Michael K. Sanders" <msanders@aros.net>
To:        "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
Cc:        dg@root.com, elh_fbsd@spnet.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, elh@spnet.com, elh@svic.com
Subject:   ATX cases (was Re: 1gby physical ram)

In message <199705070221.QAA18045@caliban.dihelix.com>, "David Langford" writes

>This brings up a question fro me.
>
>What ATX cases allow (I am using Titan 1668 board) use of memory AND
>a drives in the bottom slot. With the  ATX cases I have seen this has
>been an either/or proposition.

What case are you using? I've got a nice built-like-a-tank ATX
case from Addtronics that has inches to spare between the SIMM
slots and any drive bays (using an ASUS XP55T2P4, though I can't
see how the drive bays would be in the way of anything with
any ATX MB in this case).

>I have a board with four Unigen 64Meg SIMMS and it was a major struggle
>to get the bottom hard drive in. And there is NO way it will work
>if I add more memory. Granted these SIMMs are a we bit tall.

Unless they're taller than ~3", I'm sure they'd happily fit in my
machine. :)