Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 22:46:22 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Support for Ethernet Card

On Wed, 15 May 1996, John Hart wrote:

> I have a new ethernet card here for my server, but when I put it in, I
> found out that FreeBSD does not support it.  Does anyone know where I
> could get a driver for it?
>
> It is a 3C590C Bus Master PCI from 3Com.

There is support for the 3C590 in the snapshot release, but we have
found it to be unstable.  Is there a reliable driver for the '590
available anywhere?

What would be of even more interest would be a reliable driver for the
3C595, which handles either 10 MHz 10BaseT or 100 MHz Fast Ethernet.
--
Jim Dixon              VBCnet GB Ltd +44 117 929 1316  fax +44 117 927 2015
http://www.uk.vbc.net  VBCnet West   +1  408 971 2682  fax +1  408 971 2684