Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:51:21 +0000
From:      Axel Simon <A.Simon@ukc.ac.uk>
To:        Keith Mitchell <kmitch@guru.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA problems (still)

Hi Keith,

the only thing that comes to my mind is overheating. Bad cables would
probably result in more warnings before the controller does the reset.
Does the hard drive make loud clicking sounds before the system hangs? If
you don't know, maybe you put a fan in for 2 weeks...

Heat killed 4 harddrives in my computer. The WD one is the one that
works.

Axel.