Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:26:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@www.hotjobs.com>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, support@yard.de
Subject:   Re: Linux vs FreeBSD (performances)

urm

FreeBSD bright.x 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #7: Sun Aug 16
22:05:13 EST 1998
bright@bright.x:/usr/src/sys/compile/bright  i386

Linux poopie 2.1.76 #8 Sun Jan 18 03:42:15 EST 1998 i686 unknown

that's the kernels, btw, about your previous post, every linux user i've
talked to says the NFS is userland.  you are sure about it being in
kernel?

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's BSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/