Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:40:27 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysctl segfaulting

--nextPart5266636.XfNjKLuP0b

On Friday, 23. February 2007 18:47, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>  > Does anybody have any further ideas on this?
>
> I've had a quick look at the source.  According to your
> debugging info, an invalid pointer is passed to the
> S_clockinfo() function, but it's beyond me how that
> could happen.  The code in show_var() which calls that
> function looks perfectly OK.
>
> It's also interesting that you seem to be the only one
> experiencing the problem.  Are you using any special
> compiler options, anything unusual in /etc/make.conf
> or /etc/malloc.conf?  Do you use a non-default locale
> environment (i.e. are any of the LC_* or LANG variables
> set)?

LANG is set (but LANG=3DC makes no difference) and otherwise, the only sett=
ing=20
out of the ordinary is kern.hz=3D"2000" in loader.conf. The values reported=
 by=20
the FreeBSD 5 sysctl binary for kern.clockrate are

kern.clockrate: { hz =3D 2000, tick =3D 500, profhz =3D 1333, stathz =3D 26=
6 }

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org