Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 15:43:16 -0700
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CAM cdrecord: Invalid argument. CAM INTERFACE ERROR

On %M 0, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com> wrote:
> 	It might be better to grab the port from my ftp site.  I've changed
> a few things, fixed a few bugs.  Among other things, it can tell the
> difference between CAM and non-CAM systems, and configures itself
> accordingly.
>
> ftp://ftp.kdm.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/cdrecord-1.6-cam.980630.tar.gz

Thanks for the info.

I installed this on my CAM system.  I ran

# cdrecord dev=0,1,0 speed=2 -v -dummy ~brian/cdimage.raw

The only scary looking part is:

Waiting for reader process to fill input-buffer ... input-buffer ready.
cdrecord: Invalid argument. CAM INTERFACE ERROR	 <**********************
Starting new track at sector: 0

However, it has gone ahead and is doing the dummy burn.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>