Date:      Tue, 27 May 2014 11:49:53 +0200
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
To:        Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, Prashant Upadhyaya <praupadhyaya@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Regarding Netmap in VM

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 5:00 AM, Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think we've ever tried this at Intel either. I had meant to check
> the ixv code to
> see if it had your code in it Luigi but got distracted, if it doesn't the=
> it obviously can't
> work for the case of a VM.

=E2=80=8Bixv.c does not contain the netmap hooks though it might be
relatively straightforward to add them, possibly reusing
the same netmap hooks and support functions used in ixgbe.c

As a matter of fact, there seems to be a large amount
of duplicated code between ixv.c and ixgbe.c,
so i wonder whether it makes sense to remove the duplication and
use just a single copy of the common parts ?

cheers
luigi