Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 12:12:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Chris Shenton <chris@absinthe.i3inc.com>
Cc:        muditha@seychelles.net, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partitions

Hi:

[..]

> Quickest thing would be to make /var/mail a symlink into /home/mail,
> after moving all the mail files of course.

Or do what DEC has done for years (assume /usr is a separate/larger
partition with lots of space):

mv /var /usr/var
ln -s /usr/var /var

I grew tired of always moving individual /var subdirs over to /usr and
symb linking, so I ended up using this method on here.

> You could also add a new disk and mount /var/mail on that.

Done that too (key to remote administration/installation, always think
redudancy/too much disk space). We had a 1GB IDE drive not doing anything
useful. Came in handy when we ran out of space on /var/mail!

Bernie