Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 1995 22:38:05 -0500
From:      Paul Fox <pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   vile port directories available

hi -- i've put together a tar file of what i think should
be working ports directories for both "vile" and "xvile" (they're
different targets, built from the same distribution.)  i followed
the examples set by "less" and "screen" for guidance, so i think
what i've got should be pretty close to working, if not quite there.
(for those not in the know, vile is a vi-workalike i've been writing
and maintaining for a number of years now.)

what's the protocol at this stage?  does someone just volunteer to
try this?  the two directories are tarred together, and can be
picked up from id.wing.net, in /pub/pgf/freebsd/freebsd-vile-ports.tar.gz.

one problem i know of is that although my makefiles can assume a $PREFIX
for helping to install the binaries, the pkg/PLIST file cannot.  so i
probably got the final destination for xvile wrong in the PLIST file.

let me know what else i can do to help.

paul

(my email address during the day is pgf@mgate.lotus.com -- you might
reply to both that and the address below for quickest response...)

    paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma)