Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 11:40:18 -0600
From:      John Mastrolia <jmastrol@mcs.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [jmastrol@Mcs.Net: SCSI card difficulties]

Earlier this week I posted a message to freebsd-hardware about
SCSI errors using the NCR driver with both an 860 and 875 based
controllers.  Since the problem was identified, here is a followup.

The problem with the NCR 875 card (JBond) was the card itself.
After replacing the card with another one from the dealers inventory,
the NCR driver was able to address all devices without difficulty.
The only sensible conclusion about the 860 controller is that it is
defective as well, just not to the point of failure.  Both of the
SCSI cards were JBond (www.jbond.com) which, IMHO, says something
about their quality control.

Thanks to those who resonded with suggestions and past experience.
--
jmastrol@mcs.net
  #import <std_disclaimer.h>

-----Forwarded message from John Mastrolia <jmastrol@Mcs.Net>-----