Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:43:21 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Joe Marcus Clarke" <marcus@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Announcing GNOME 2.20.0 for FreeBSD

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:56:51 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> GNOME 2.20.0 was just released (read all about it at
> http://www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/en/), and we have completed the
> porting effort.  As with previous releases of GNOME, we took the 2.19
> development cycle to implement a FreeBSD-internal change.  This time, we
> collapsed the share/gnome/ hierarchy down to just share/ (*).  This
> greatly simplifies porting efforts, and should also pre-squish any
> prefix-related bugs.  The downside of this change is that it is huge as
> it affects all ports that rely on gnomeprefix.
>
> This means that while GNOME 2.20.0 is now available for FreeBSD in
> MarcusCom CVS (see http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html), it
> will not be hitting the ports tree for a while longer.  We need to run a
> full pointyhat build with our local patches to make sure we haven't
> missed anything.  Once that is successfully completed, you can expect
> GNOME 2.20, and all of the related changes to come flooding in to a
> cvsup server near you.

I will updating develfaq.html to show how to upgrade from 2.18 to 2.20
tonight when I am home. It is pretty simple to upgrade GNOME. I have
successed upgrade in my test box by:

	# portmaster -o textproc/rarian textproc/scrollkeeper
	# portmaster -a

As for the portupgrade users, I haven't test it but I image that it
shouldn't be difference with portmaster. You can do this.

	# portupgrade -o textproc/rarian textproc/scrollkeeper
	# portupgrade -a

If anyone have any problem with runtime, give us a shout as usually.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)