Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:04:45 +0100
From:      Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ISD200

Hello !

I'm hope this is the right place for asking that...
I was wondering if someone could write or port (from Linux) a driver for
external USB hardrive using the InSystem ISD200 cable.
It doesn't work with the regular umass driver, someone told me that it seems
that these are bulk/bulk/bulk transport protocol devices, but using an
alternative encapsulation of the ATAPI protocol on top of that.
Here is the Linux driver listing:

http://linuxusb.bkbits.net:8080/usb-2.5/anno/drivers/usb/storage/isd200.c@1.33?nav=index.html|src/|src/drivers|src/drivers/usb|src/drivers/usb/storage

I'm unfortunately not a developer but I would be pleased to help, so I could
access my "2 months old" new USB hardrive (I was so sure it was going to work
under FreeBSD, but it never did).

Thank you.

Antoine