Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:35:58 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        Ken Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>, Igor Pokrovsky <igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr>, "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>, Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is XFree86 4.3.0 going to be in 4.8? -nt-

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 12:17:24AM -0800, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 05:25, Ken Mays wrote:
> > Would the FreeBSD team consider the benefits of integrating Xfree86 v4.=
3.x
> > for v4.8?!? The upgrade that was done on the video drivers alone was wo=
rth
> > it for me.
>=20
> The release engineers have been considering allowing XFree86 4.3 in
> 4.8-RELEASE, but it needs widespread testing.  Anyone interested, please
> apply the diffs at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/files.html
> to your ports tree and install.
>=20
> Besides basic problems I may have caused with the ports, oddities in
> cursor handling would be particularly likely because of changes in 4.3.0
> which were somewhat last-minute.  Some changes have been made in XFree86
> CVS post-4.3.0 already, so if you report anything I may be able to track
> down a fix.

With the -7 diff (I know there is a later version but I had only intermitte=
nt
time to work on this) on a Dec 16 4.7-STABLE using a Matrox G450 it works
great, FWIW.

--Stijn

--=20
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart
he thinks himself your master.
		-- Sid Meier, "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri"

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--