Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:36:02 +0100
From:      Sascha Schumann <sas@schell.de>
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   http://www.freebsd.org/~andreas/benches/index.html

Hi Andreas,

you say that you have used the Linux kernel which came with SuSE 6.0.

As far as I know (we are using SuSE 5.3 in production) SuSE has never shipped
SMP kernels. So I really do not know how you want to compare a self-compiled,
self-optimized FreeBSD SMP system against a standard, non-optimized UP
system.

And no, compiling bash is not a real-life application. At least not, if you do
not spend your whole time compiling and creating silly "benchmarks."

--

          Regards,

                            Sascha Schumann |
                                 Consultant | finger sas@schell.de