Date:      10 May 2001 18:31:08 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        "JL" <jl@burghcom.com>, <cornwall@intelos.net>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Oracle,

Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org> writes:
> I never had much problems with reliability of MySQL, beyond the
> problems created by bugs in the code I had to provide to work around
> the lack of transactions. That was sufficient to convince me to never
> again use an RDBMS that doesn't have transaction support. I've been
> told MySQL has since acquired support for transactions, but haven't
> checked. If it's still missing referential integrity, I'd still look
> elsewhere.

MySQL 3.23 supports transactions if you use the (non-default)
Sleepycat DB 3 as backing store.  It also has row-level locking.  I'm
not sure how well either of these features work; they're both very
new.  It still doesn't support referential integrity, non-trivial
constraints (i.e. anything more advanced than NULL and UNIQUE) or
stored procedures.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org