Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 1998 00:27:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        nathan@rtfm.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation and x11amp (more of an emulator issue now)

Amancio Hasty said:

> Let me clarify here a little.
>
> Traditionally the  -current nor the hacker's  mailing lists gives a rat ass
> care about supporting multimedia applications . 99.99 percent of the
> time we are on our own, hence my request to contain issues with respect to
> multimedia applications to the multimedia mailing list.
>
> You are welcome to post to -current or to hackers 8)

I tend to agree that the multimedia lists are more responsive to
multimedia problems, and frankly it allows people to have a bit more
filtering on both sides.  For example, an ISP might not be too interested
in sound drivers, while multimedia people might not be interested in
certain NFS developments.

Actually, in my case, I am very interested in multimedia, but don't have
alot of time to work on those items.  I think that it is great that we
have a multimedia list where such activities can be focused.