Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 1995 10:04:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   comparative CPU power

Can anyone tell me what the perceived performance while running FreeBSD
might be between these two systems?

33Mhz Cyrix 486DLC w/64Mb external cache
33Mhz Intel 486DX w/no external cache

I am willing to make a lateral move to be able to do the install,
but I'd really hate to have to take a step backwards, even a small one.
(Yes, for some reason, even though other people are reporting success,
my 486DLC won't run FreeBSD 2.X).  I am trying to do this without
spending any money.... :-}

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417