Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 03:59:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Sergey Lyubka <devnull@uptsoft.com>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: An addition to developers-handbook

--- Sergey Lyubka <devnull@uptsoft.com> wrote:
Hi Sergey.

> I've found that handbook lacks one important part there a lot of stuff
> described well, but nowhere shown how it all works together.

> I've started to write an additional chapter, called "System
> initialization", where the initialization will be described in-deep,
> starting from bootstrapping, trough the loader code, to kernel
> initialization. I'm doing that for x86 arch.

Cool.  We are looking forward to it; but my advice is, if you are planning
to get very specific about the x86 architecutre, than this would better fit
in as an article.

> Question:
> does it makes sense to add this to dev-handbook ?
> If so, I'll post a hyperlink to compiled code soon to review.

As per my advice above, If it is not "very" specific for the x86, than it
would be an execellent addition under the dev-handbook.

Hope this helps.
Looking forward to the chapter. 8)

Hiten.
hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org