Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 18:21:20 +1100
From:      Michael Harlow <Mike.Harlow@geog.utas.edu.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        max@freebsd.org
Subject:   CAP60 p198 problems with aarpd/getzones

Hello, I am hoping that someone will point me in the right directions with installing CAP on FreeBSD 2.1.6

I've installed the package with patch level 198

I've rebuilt the kernel with bpf installed, and MAKEDEV'ed
a bunch of /dev/bpfXX (0 to 23)

When launching aarpd (as root) on the local ethertalk zone, it loads etalk.local with incorrect numbers.

host# aarpd ed1 "Geology"

"etalk.local"

interface       "ed1"
netRangeStart     0.00
netRangeEnd     255.254
thisNet         255.00
thisNode        1
thisZone        "Geology"
bridgeNet         0.00
bridgeNode        0
bridgeIP          127.0.0.1
nisNet          255.00
nisNode         1
asyncNet        0.00
asyncZone       ""

A Sparc 10 Solaris 2.5 Machine on the same network gives me the following etalk.local values..

interface       "le0"
netRangeStart    0.40
netRangeEnd      0.40
thisNet          0.40
thisNode        227
thisZone        "Geology"
bridgeNet        0.40
bridgeNode      81
bridgeIP        127.0.0.1
nisNet           0.40
nisNode         227
asyncNet         0.00
asyncZone       ""

ATLOOK on the BSD box can see a LaserWriter and an Epson Printer
ATLOOK on the Solaris box sees 50+ devices

getzones on BSD gives "warning: no appletalk router found on network, error -1096 getting zone list"

getzones on solaris gives a list of 105 zones

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to getting CAP/AUFS up and running ? This is getting urgent for an important project starting in a few days. Help will be gratefuly accepted.

Mike

PLEASE NOTE: New Department Address AND University Ph #'s (03) 6226-xxxx
Michael J Harlow                  email : Mike.Harlow@geog.utas.edu.au
Computer Systems Officer, Dept of Geography and Environmental Studies,
University of Tasmania, GPO Box 252-78, Hobart Tasmania 7001, Australia.
Phone : (03) 6226 2212 or (0419) 585 308         fax  : (03) 6226 2989