Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2000 13:08:50 +0000
From:      Orion Hodson <O.Hodson@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Cc:        cg@freebsd.org
Subject:   soundcard.h

As someone who works with sound quite a bit, its hard not to notice
that soundcard.h covers several different and sometimes overlapping
interfaces.  I had a go at re-arranging it with an aim to clarifying
what works, what's deprecated in newpcm, clarifying comments about
"what does this do", and putting related items together.  Cameron
suggested it would be a better idea to break out the functionalities
into separate include files, i.e. snd_oss.h, snd_pcm.h, snd_mixer.h,
snd_sequencer.h, etc and have these included from soundcard.h.

Is there any strength of feeling for or against doing this?  It's
completely aesthetic and very minor undertaking, but I don't mind
doing if people think it'd be reasonable.

- Orion