Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 95 18:24:16 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        nate@trout.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: new install(1) utility

> > Serves you right for using the install utility to do the install
> > instead of using "cp -p".
>
> Ahh, and the overhead of calling chown, chgrp, and chmod is much better?
> 'I don't think so'.

Since "cp -p" preserves this information, you are saying that the
copy in the source tree has the incorrect owner, group, and permissions.
This is something which should be corrected in the source tree.  Doing
the correction post-facto elsewhere is bogus.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.