Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 10:59:55 -0800
From:      james@blacksun.reef.com (James Buszard-Welcher)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD SCSI/ETHERNET (on laptop dock)

Yet another hardware compatibilty question... but I searched
the lists and FAQs and have messed this for four days now. Hopefully
someone has a nice quick and dirty answer.

I've got a Micron Millenia Transport. The SCSI and Ethernet are
in the dock.  I'm mostly concerned with Ethernet right now.
Under win95, in the Device Manager, I see that my Ethernet card is:

	AMD PCNET FAMILY ETHERNET ADAPTER (PCI & ISA)
	Using Interrupt Request: 11
	I/O Range: FC60-FC7F

Under FreeBSD, I see:

pci0:17: AMD device=0x2020,class=storage(scsi) int a irq 9 [no driver assigned]
pci0:18: AMD device=0x2000,class=network(ethernet) int b irq 11 [no driver assigned]

I have been messing around with irq's under 'boot -c' and regenning
kernels.

>From reading the mailing lists, I though that ADM Ethernet uses
the lnc0 driver... but I can't get it to be recogized.

SCSI is not working either.

Can anyone tell me if this configuration is support? And if so,
how can I get these devices recognized?

Or, should I chalk the AMD Ethernet and SCSI in the dock to be
lost causes, and go invest in PCMCIA Ethernet and PCMCIA SCSI?

Thanks...

--
James Buszard-Welcher  | ph. (847) 729-8600 | "There is water at the bottom
Silicon Reef, Inc.     | FAX (847) 729-1560 |  of the ocean" - David Byrne