Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 01:00:15 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   remote controls

My Active Home  X10 remote controller's IR receiver went bust and I intent
to go out and get another unit.

So far it looks like Active Home's remote controller is the best solution
for FreeBSD couch potatoes 8)

The  X10 remote controller allows you to use your own mouse as well as
the IR unit so it saves you an RS232 port or you can share your PS/2 port.

The unit is a standalone IR controller for various appliances and is
an X10 IR controller

It uses the microsoft mouse protocol so it is easy to use out of the
box 8) However to use the extra buttons we will  have to define the mouse
events in the X server.

The above combination is kind hard to beat

	Cheers,
	Amancio