Date:      Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:58:02 -0400
From:      Understudy <list@understudy.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad A21m

Stacey Roberts wrote:

>Hi Understudy!
>
>On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Understudy wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I have a a21m I am loading 5.4 on. I have checked through google looking
>>for references for my laptop with 5.4 or 5.x . Everything I find is a
>>reference to a21p and/or 4.x series. Can someone help point me in the
>>right direction to find the information on  a21 with 5.x. Looking for
>>the standard stuff
>>xorg.conf
>>kernel modules.
>>loader.conf items
>>modem driver
>>extra buttons that exist on the keyboard
>>acpi or apm choice
>>sound driver
>>and anything else that could be helpful.
>>

>I've often found this site useful in the past:
>
>http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/index.pl?action=list_laptop_mf&mfid=1
>
>What might be useful is the facility to drop posters a message requesting various configs they have used, and any updates / hints / gotchas that might not be documented elsewhere, but that they have come across.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Regards,
>
>Stacey
>

>>Sincerely,
>>Brendhan

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I saw that site earlier but the version
mentioned is 4.8 and the kernel config is not compatible with the 5.x
version of the kernel.  I will drop some messages maybe someone else on
this list has one or can tell me if the a21p is close enough that I
could also try that. I have a 600e but the hardware is very different.

Sincerely,
Brendhan