Date:      Wed, 14 May 2003 07:38:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      RexFelis <catlord17@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Yahoo!!!

--- clayton rollins <crollins666@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Catlord,
>
> Congrats. Seems like your starting to get past
> the learning curve...
> I know exactly how you feel.

Thank you.  :)

> As a side note, since my first install, I have
> now installed freebsd on
> around 20 different computers with almost no
> errors. (It was mostly just
> learning what things, like "out of inodes",
> meant; now I can install it
> right the first time, almost every time.)

I tend to learn by repeating something, working
through mistakes, over and over too.  Maybe
that's why I have to re-install all the time.
Then again, maybe it's cause I love to tinker.
;)  Although I must say, FreeBSD holds up to my
tinkering a lot better than Linux did.  Probably
because it's an easier system to administer.

> Yeah, I just love the script maintainers around
> here. (I recently upgraded
> my comp. after about an 8 month stretch; not a
> single problem.)

When I discovered Portupgrade, I was looking for
a way to upgrade installed packages from January.
 I was truely blown away when 'portupgrade -af'
and about 24 hours of waiting (dial-up
connection) produced what seemed a new computer!
It even upgraded KDE from 3.0.5 to 3.1.1a!

Yes, script maintainers rock.  All hail the
FreeBSD team!  Woohoo!!! :D

Shannon