Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:57:33 +0000
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9=20Lu=EDs?= Faria <jose@di.uminho.pt>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel

Hello

I'm creating a litle update to a freebsd 3.4 kernel.
My program is for account some data: number of
packets by class, number of packets dropped by class, etc.
Now I need to pass this values to another program wich in X-Window
display this values on-line. After, I want to save this values
in a file.

I need some docs about how I can do this.
Which are the primitives in the kernel to do this.
I use the printf to put this data in /var/log/messages.
This inappropriate, I dont want this. This is only for testing now.

Can you help me ?

Thank you very much.

P.S. I'm sorry my english.

--