Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:38:45 -0700
From:      Joe Warner <rootman@xmission.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>, bastill@sa.apana.org.au
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au, hamellr@heorot.1nova.com, Joe.Warner@smed.com, postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hello from russia!

> people using the list for something other than its purpose.  perhaps
> that purpose has changed over time and renaming the list is the best
> thing to do.  i have not read newbies for quite a while.  i am hoping
> that greg and sue, who i hope have been with the list for quite a
> while, will express their opinion on the matter.
>
> jmb

They have already expressed their opinion on the matter.

Sue is for a name change.  She's stated previously that a different
name would have made things better from the beginning.

Greg doesn't think changing the lists name would be of any
benefit and that we should just accept things the way they
are and deal with it.

These aren't their exact words but this is how I understood
their opinions regarding this discussion from responses
they posted previously.

Sue/Greg, if I somehow misundestood your previous
your positions on this.

Regards

Joe