Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:32:28 -0700
From:      Julio Merino <jmmv@meroh.net>
To:        kyua-discuss@googlegroups.com
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need new release of Kyua

[ Please do not use my personal address (removed) for open-source
related email. The freebsd.org address is cool though. ]

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Julio,
>
> Can you do a new release of kyua, which has the "kyua report-junit" support
> and Garrett's TAP fixes, and update the FreeBSD port and Ubuntu packages?

Yes but I want to get the 'remove-actions' branch into the next
release. I'm working quite hard this week on getting that finished and
it's almost ready for integration. Expect new packages soon.

But... Ubuntu packages? Did you mean Fedora or am I missing anything?

> I want to use kyua for a bunch of new tests for something I am working on,
> and having
> the junit support is a big must-have.  Also, being able to install from
> packages
> on FreeBSD and Linux systems will make things easier for setting up a lot of
> test
> nodes.
>
> I can "configure; make; make intall; create package" myself, but that is a
> pain in the ass. :)

Right, and rolling out a Kyua release is a pain in the ass as well --
hence why they are so infrequent. I have a plan to make that much
easier but haven't finished drafting it for publication yet :-P