Date:      Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:09:05 +0400
From:      "Andrew P." <infofarmer@gmail.com>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Moviedb - broken or not?

On 10/16/05, Sergey Matveychuk <sem@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Andrew P. wrote:
> > Freshports say moviedb was unbroken this January.
> > I tried installing it at different times on 4.x/5.x/6.x,
> > but always got some kind of mistake.
> >
> > Today it was like this:
> >
> > # make
> > <OK>
> > # make install
> > <...>
> > Adding Distributor List...
> >  ...315653 read
> > /usr/local/libexec/moviedb/mkdb  -create
> > *** Signal 11
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem?
>
> No it works. I've checked it both on 4.11 and 5.4. And pointyhat reports
> no problem for it.
> May be you have not enough of disk space? The port require about 500 Mb
> free space.
>
> --
> Sem.

Oh, my! The distinfo file is just not funny. There
has to be a better way to deal with this. Better
than downloading the whole database every
week. They offer incremental weekly diffs, we
should figure out how to do it right.

The obvious solution would be to host a static
db somewhere and have the port fetch all the
needed patches.

Any ideas?