Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 22:01:02 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   On the subject of ISP Administration

At 5:53 PM -0500 7/30/97, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>What's the deal here?  Did
>somebody drop a million matchbooks over the U.S. saying "become an ISP
>and make tons of $$$ in your spare time ...

No, it wasn't matchbooks. It arrives every hour in the "spam mail". :-)

By the way, if you don't recognize that "SPAM" is a registered trademark
of Hormel, you, like many others, may not be qualified to do ISP
administration either.

Seriously, those of us who have been around since the "dark ages" need to
remember that there is a fine line between mentoring and putting
those "think they know it all whippersnappers" in their place.

There is a saying about wisdom which is something to the effect that once
you pass through the teen years, your father becomes more intellegent
every year. ...

Let's ALL try to do a better job of learning rather than whining and
mentoring rather than berating.

PS: This is not directed at Jordan. He does a much better job of it than
most of us.   ... But, for the rest, "if the Foo shits, wear it."

And I, too, think that the subject has been beaten to death ...