Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:31:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      sphin X <sphinX@euromedia.ro>
To:        "Stuart Duckworth" <ITServices@cableinet.co.uk>, "Free BSD Newbies" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ide programming resourses

hi there...

man, think ur right. i'm going alond those lines now as well (command line , scripts, general admin etc). i thought if i go with X now i'll never get back to learn the basics.

it needs a lot of patience though, u know...comparing working with say borland c++ and working with vi...but i'm determined to sit down and learn it. vi, from what i gathered, is probably important. was reading somewhere that all unixes have it, no matters what. so i'm focusing on that now.

most posts i've seen around lists are from peps who use freebsd as server or who are somehow connected to a lan. it's good to see that there are people around who wanna use freebsd as desktop or workstation. i think there is big differences and needs between the two 'markets'. and also there is big difference in knowledge...

anyway, thanx a lot for ur answer. see u around.

--- "Stuart Duckworth" <ITServices@cableinet.co.uk>