Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 20:29:36 GMT
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SMC etherpower2 and ZNYX 314 (fourport) seem to confuse de

In article <199601092156.VAA13168@newzetor.clinet.fi> Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi> writes:
   Has anyone been able to put SMC etherpower2 (dual port combo ethernet card)
   with a ZNYX 314 (four port TP-only) in the same machine?  They seem to be
   able to coexist with other pci cards, but hate each other:

This was misinformation; ZNYX 314 does not seem to be able to coexist with
FreeBSD or an ASUS motherboard.  It gets probed and ports are
sort-of-usable (seem to work) but after running something like 10-15
minutes the machine freezes.  I put a SMC dual combo in and now it has been
up for couple of hours (total of 5 ports, 3 one-port and one 2-port card).
I need yet to try two or more smc dual port cards to see how far I can go.

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@clinet.fi  work +358-0-4375209 fax -4555276 home -8031121